Product Development Manager
Location: Leichhardt, NSW
Employment type: Full time
Applications close: August 31st 2018
Established in 2000, Australian brand LEE MATHEWS delicately weaves colour, texture and prints into sophisticated and refined collections for the modern woman; lifestyle separates in linen and cotton meet statement dresses in luxurious silks. Inspired by the interests of the founder, Lee, prints and textiles are derived from her love for art, silhouettes from her passion for architecture and colour palettes from her chosen home - Australia’s unique flora and fauna.
About the role:
Reporting to the COO, you will manage and facilitate product development to
ensure the vision of design is realised whilst ensuring quality, workmanship & cost is to company standard.
This role will include, but is not limited to:
- Have a strategic overview of the entire company, identifying opportunities and areas of growth
- Identify new opportunities with existing and new factories to create competitive advantage
- Be a strong and inspiring Manager of immediate department and within the company
- Expand business with existing customers and develop new customer contacts
- Own and manage the company critical path. Co-ordinating weekly meetings, tracking and escalating issues when relevant
- Work with Marketing & Sales to facilitate sample requirements
- Manage purchasing of sample fabric and trims
- Manage product development from Sketch Sign Off to SMS feedback, with factories for collection
- Ensure ranges are ready for meetings & reviews based on critical path dates required
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of new products, in conjunction with the design, production, taking into consideration design, commerciality and technical issues
- Ensure the new product design is interpreted and manufactured to the correct standard
- Work with the factory to develop new techniques in line with the designer’s vision / ensure an understanding of the skills & techniques of the factory.
- Extensive technical and construction knowledge with the ability to amend to assess garments with respect to production specifications and price point while maintaining design integrity
- An understanding of pattern cutting in order to work closely with the in-house team
- Specing up garments (measurements and construction)
- Measure & prepare garments for fit meetings, making comments & updating paperwork accordingly.
- Fit and feedback for all Proto & SMS samples
- Communicate the results of the fit meeting to the factory in a concise and timely manner
- Manage price negotiation throughout development process
- Provide all information on the specification of the product to ensure Production have all they need to avoid any foreseeable problems. This includes indicative costings, ratings and all BoM information.
- Ensure all product information is complete for load into Cin7
- Approve grade specifications for bulk production where necessary
- Consult with production team regarding feedback for pre-production and production samples.
- According to our testing policy, test any garments where appropriate including wearer trials and dry clean testing.
- Brand awareness, knowledge of market and peer groups in regards to make, quality, price, style
- Travel to factories as required
Requirements for the role:
- 8+ years experience in Product Development & Management (min. 4yrs at Manager level)
- Tertiary qualification in fashion design
- Experience working with premium level product
- Good understanding and experience of dealing with factories both within Australia and China
- Experience in attending & running fit meetings.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Computer skills (Excel and Illustrator)
- Strong experience in fit, garment construction, patternmaking and sewing across woven, C+S & knit product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Cin7 is desirable
For further enquiries about the role or to submit an application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org