Senior Creative Patternmaker, Leichhardt
Location: Leichhardt, New South Wales
Employment type: Full Time
Applications close: December 14th, 2018
Lee Mathews is a leader in the Australian retail fashion industry, providing our team with a unique working environment that is inspiring and fashion forward. Proudly Australian-owned, Lee Mathews is celebrating 20 years in the Australian Fashion Industry.
About the role:
Due to consistent growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Patternmaker. This role works very closely with the design team requiring a candidate who is motivated by innovative and challenging silhouettes with strong attention to detail and construction.
This role will include, but is not limited to:
- Creating patterns in the Stylecad system from sketch form
- Creating and maintaining garment specifications and construction information from proto through to production
- Working with the designer on innovative and challenging silhouettes (this includes working with drape on the dummy)
- Liaise with and oversee the in-house sample machinists
- Taking part in all garment fittings and finalising alterations
- Assist in fitting and resolving styles created by freelance pattern makers
- Communicating with the internal production team to ensure high-quality fit and finishes
- Assisting the design team in problem-solving complex garment construction issues
Requirements for the role:
- A strong eye for detail and exceptional knowledge of high-end garment finishes and complex construction across a range of fabrications
- Awareness and understanding of the international market and trends
- Minimum of 6 years patternmaking experience
- Experience with the Stylecad patternmaking system
- Proficient use of Excel and synchronised online cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox
The role requires a focused, self-motivated professional with strong communication skills who thrives on challenges. The successful candidate will be working alongside a small strong team, creating beautiful and unique styles made of premium fabrications that are showcased both locally in our retail stores and on various international platforms such as Matches, Net-a-Porter and Browns.
If you feel you meet the requirements above, please send your application through to email@example.com