Fruit such as mango, lychee, blueberries and passionfruit
1/4 cup aked coconut, lightly toasted
COCONUT CRÈME FRAÎCHE
300g crème fraîche 300g pure cream
1 tsp coconut extract or essence
5 egg whites 250g caster sugar
1 scant tbsp corn our 2 tsp white vinegar Zest of 1 lime
1. Preheat oven to 120C. Line a round tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt in an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add the sugar, 1tbsp at a time, until mixture is sti and glossy and all sugar has dissolved. Gently stir in the corn our, vinegar and lime zest.
4. Pile the meringue on to the baking sheet and spread into a circle, around 25cm in diameter. Keep the sides high and create a slight dip in the middle.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 2 hours. It should be crisp on the outside but not coloured. Turn o the oven, leave the door ajar and allow to cool in the oven for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Gently transfer cooled pavlova shell to a serving dish or store in an airtight container if not serving immediately.
6. Meanwhile, whip the crème fraîche and cream in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the coconut extract and continue to whip until you have sti voluptuous peaks.
7. Pile the cream onto the pavlova shell and top with your chosen fruit and coconut akes. Serve immediately.
From Ostro by Julia Busuttil Nishimura.